Monday, February 8, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

So as you all know I've decided to stay in Korea for another year. I decided last fall that if I did extend my contract, I would do my best to get home before my 2nd year started. Well, that's exactly what I did. Only no one knew I was coming home...and boy was it a surprise! First, the plan. I bought my ticket waaaayyyy back in October. Yup, October. I would fly from Seoul to New York on Christmas morning. I found a direct flight and it would take me 14 hours. Now all I needed was a ride home from the airport. I wanted to rent a car, but unfortunately some jackass stole my license in May. Ya can't rent a car without a license...grrrr. Someone had to pick me up, and who better than my daddy. We all know how much my dad loves Christmas...the words "Ho, ho, ho, my ass" come to mind! So I called my dad and told him that I had a huge surprise and he couldn't tell anyone. First thing he says? "You're not married, are you?" What the hell??? My dad obviously doesn't know me that well. "No, dad. I'm not married and I'm not pregnant. I'm coming home for Christmas and need a ride from the airport."
Flight, check. Ride, check. Keeping the secret from everyone at home for 2 months...good lord this was gonna be hard! I talked to everyone a million times during the 2 months. I almost spilled my secret a million times, but I didn't!
I got into JFK around 11am. After a few minutes, I found my daddy, who now looks like an old hippy. Gotta love that man...he's my number 1! We drove home and started surprising the hell outta people. First on the list? Aunt Sarah. I walked right through her door and shouted "Merry Christmas!!!" Suddenly, my cousin Joe is knocked onto the floor and my aunt is running into the kitchen screaming her head off. After she almost fainted (seriously, the woman almost fainted), she sat down to catch her breath...while I ate my 1st Christmas dinner of the day ;-). Then we decided to go surprise Robin. We all drove to Robin's and I hid in the car for a minute. I knocked on the door, walk in and hear "you've gotta be fucking kidding me!" Robin starts doing what she referred to as the "beauty pageant cry" and it was awesome. Gifts were handed out and then we decided to go to Aunt Debbie's. I was ready for Jay to be more surprised to see me than Jen, and that's exactly what I got haha! We then surprised my mom by telling her I was on Skype. My last surprise for the night was Shelley, Larysa, and Cindy. I knew Shelley would be having a party, so that's where I went. I ran up the stairs and shouted something about a party and right away, they knew it was me haha. It was awesome.
I spent a week at home. After 10 months of emails, Facebook, and Skype, it was so great to see everyone. I brought a bunch of friends and my parents to a Korean restaurant so they could eat what I've been eating the past year. For the most part, they enjoyed it. I surprised my mom and dad with a trip to Korea. Hopefully, they'll take me up on it this summer. I did a ton of needed shopping because I can hardly fit in anything they make in Korea. I almost had an orgasm after walking into Old Navy! I spent way too much money, but it was worth it.
It all ended New Year's Day. I had to wake up at 5am and Jen and Aunt Debbie drove me to the train in New Haven. I took a 90min train to Grand Central and then hopped on a bus for the airport. I headed back to Korea to experience yet another year of teaching. I can only hope this second year will be as great as the first. To all my loves at home, I love and miss you all so much! I was so happy to see everyone. See ya in 2011!!!!
Here are some pics from my week home:













Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment