Monday, February 8, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas in Korea is pretty funny. The Santa Claus' and Christmas trees came out right after Halloween. I didn't realize it would be such a big holiday here, but it is...especially at LCI. Each class had to choose a Christmas song to sing. I wanted to do the 12 Days of Christmas, but was told it was too hard for my kids. These people obviously don't know my kids. They're all performers...each and every one of them. Anyway, we got stuck with Deck the Halls and made the most of it. They practiced their "fa la la la la's" everyday like good little Korean children, and we even had some kickin' dance moves haha. Diego came to school one day and said "Tricia Teacher, I think no more fa la la la la. I think fa ra ra ra ra!" and the class (and I) starting cracking up. I immediately thought of the end of A Christmas Story when they're eating at the Chinese restaurant and the waiters try to sing to them. It was hilarious! Diego kept it up every now and then to get a laugh, but I told him not to give into stereotypes! :-P Before all the LCI festivities, we had a staff Christmas party. We had a Secret Santa and had dinner at a restaurant in our building called Racoon. No, I didn't spell it wrong...that's how the restaurant spells it. Here are some pics from that night. Sally loves her soju! It was a good night...but we were all ready for our winter vacation! The next day was Christmas Eve and Santa was coming to LCI...but not before a magic show! Yes, that bird flew right over my head...and onto Hazel's! I wish I got a pic of that! Oh...and ya can't forget the Christmas time puppet show! I have no clue what was going on, but here ya go... I think the little green guy was like the Korean Grinch or something. It was quite odd, but then again, I DO live in Korea. And heeerrreeeeeee's Santa! The kids all got to sit on his lap and get presents. In the afternoon, we had our Christmas song contest. This was it...their moment to shine! And boy did they!

Come on...my babies are awesome! So awesome that they won 1st place with that performance!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment