Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spring in Korea!!!!

Ok...MAJOR apologies for not updating in, oh, about 6 months. EEK! So, so sorry. We've got new teachers here who looked at my blog before coming, and so I am embarrassed for not keeping up with it. Please forgive me :)

So I stopped updating at the end of March. April was a great month! Spring came to Korea very, very late this year. So late, in fact, we thought it might never come. It was snowing here in April. This has been known to happen at home, but not here. Everyone was quite shocked.

Well, spring did decide to finally arrive...and spring in Korea means one thing: Cherry Blossoms! When they bloom, all is beautiful. A normal walk to work becomes great when you walk down the street surrounded by those beautiful white blossoms. The whole country smells wonderful! This spring, I decided to take a little trip down south to see the blosssoms. Stacy, Steve, and I joined a large group of people and went about 4 hours south to Gwangju. They say Gwangju is where the Lee family began in Korea. Lee is a very popular last name here...like Smith in America popular.

While in Gwangju, we rented bicycles and rode around the town. It was great, but by the end of the day, my ass hurt like hell! Here are some photos:







I also went to Everland again in April. What better way to spend a beautiful spring day than riding roller coasters with awesome people?!?! Em, Joel, and I met our Korean friend, Claire for this fabulous day! I think my favorite part was when Claire was holding our place in line and talked us into cutting about 200 Koreans in line to get on a roller coaster. This is obviously a huge DON'T in America. I can recall many a time when my mother bitched people out for trying to cut us in amusement park ride lines. In Korea, however, no one says a damn word! It was insane. We felt incredibly guilty for doing it, but they all let us do it like it was no big deal. It was kind of surreal in a way.




We also went into a bird sanctuary to feed some birds. At first, Em was a bit worried, but was soon having a blast.



April also brought to the Korean War Memorial Museum. Not as good as I thought it was gonna be, but still interesting.






Finally, I received my plaque for drinking all 55 Gecko's shooters. It only took me 3 months. It is an accomplishment I am quite proud of! haha


I also saw this really insane fire in Seoul.



There ya have it...my second April in Korea.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment