Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Kickin it in Gunsan!

I have a friend Faith here in Korea who's husband, Dan is in the Air Force here. While Faith is a 10 minute taxi ride from me, Dan is stationed in Gunsan, which is a 2 hour bus ride from Jukjeon. His squadron hosted a little event a couple weekends ago, and Faith invited myself and a bunch of other awesome ladies along. The event was called Save Your Bacon and was kind of a drinking game/scavenger hunt/complete the task type thing. Put all these things together, along with pink wigs and shades, and you've got yourself one friggin AWESOME Saturday afternoon!
A bunch of us hitched a ride on a bus that was supposed to take 2 hours, but ended up taking 3. We were all ready to enjoy a nice American breakfast, but alas, we were too late :-( I did get my first taste of Taco Bell in a looooooong time though. We had to eat quickly as there was MUCH to do to get ready! We all wore fabulous pink and red wigs and these great spade shaped glasses. Here are some pics of us ready to go!


Our first task that we, of course, accepted was all about 80's trivia. Now, those who know me know that I am ALLLLLLLL about the 80's. Love the movies, love the music, love it all! We did a great job at this. I think we only got like 2 answers wrong. We kicked ass! Here we are with our totally rad host:

With our vodka cranberry's in hand, we were off to our next task. This task involved us taking shots of various liquors and then guessing what we were drinking. Unsurprisingly, we got all but 1 correct...haha! We then had to guess how much each bottle of alcohol cost on base. Here we are again, we most gracious hosts:

Our third task was very Dutch. There were 4 different kinds of beer and we had to guess what they were. I'm not a beer drinker at all so I wasn't gonna help this cause any. The second part of this task was to eat 6 bratwursts...yuck! But I ate one for my team!! Finally, we had to dance the German polka...aka The Chicken Dance! We had to do it for 3 1/2 minutes! And of course, he we are with the host of the task:

Then, it was off to golf. Let me remind you that we were drinking all kinda of junk this whole time. This little golf game is kinda hard to explain, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.



We basically had to hit the golf balls into these hula hoops. I dunno, apparently we did pretty good, so that's cool with me! Here we are with "Shooter McGavin" and his friend:

Then we were led to some abandoned van. It looked a little strange, but these guys said they had free candy, so we went in :-) I don't really remember the rest, I wonder why. Maybe these pics will help:




Then it was off to play some Black Jack:



That was the end of our little game. It was off to party where we found out we won 2nd place!!!!! Woot woot!!! Here are some final pics of us celebrating:




It was an awesome way to spend a Saturday and I met some amazing girls! Can't wait to go to Gunsan again!
Love you all!

1 comment: