Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My really great (until it got really bad) weekend!

So after the crazy week I had last week, I need to get out...and drink! Friday night was pretty low key. Brett's mom was visiting, so a bunch of us went and had dinner and then headed to noraebang, which as I have explained, is karaoke but you rent your own room for an hour. The next couple hours were filled songs varying from the Beatles to Jewel to Nirvana. It was most excellent.

I spent most of Saturday being a bum until about 5pm. It was Catherine's birthday and we were celebrating with mexican food and motorcycles! For those who know me, you know that was gonna be my kind of night! We went to On the Border for dinner. Yeah, mexican food in Korea...who knew?! The margaritas were amazing and my chicken chimichanga was mashisoyo (Korean for delicious)! After paying an arm and a leg for dinner, (Western food is one of the only expensive things in Korea!) we grab a taxi and headed to Itaewon. Click on the link and find out all about it.

Emily had found this thing on Facebook talking about a Harley Davidson celebration party there. No cover and 20,000 won got ya drinks all night. Girl had me at Harley. You know I had to be there! We get to the bar and I feel like I'm home at the Bach Dor. It was fucking awesome! Harley riders with their club vests and jackets...it was great! The best part was they had live bands playing real music...not the friggin K-pop shit that's all over this country! Suffice to say, we were having a great night! Emily, Catherine, and I were dancing our asses off and laughing at Russian hookers falling on the dance floor...which karma got me back for later, when I fell and whacked my back on an amplifier hahahaha!

Emily disappears for awhile and comes back with some dude trailing behind her. "Guess where he's from?" she says to me all excited-like. "Um...Kansas?" I say because Emily is from Kansas and why else would be so damn excited??? Nope. Not from Kansas, but Connecticut. I've waited 3 fucking months to meet someone in Korea that's from anywhere east of Chicago. So yeah, dude is from Madison and seems pretty cool. He starts chilling with us and 2 other guys come up. They're in the Air Force and apparently Todd, who I referred to as "Todd from Madison, Connecticut" the rest of the time, just met them a couple hours before. So they chilled with us and...blah blah blah. We won't get into that.

Anyway, all of a sudden one starts acting really friggin weird telling his friend "we gotta go, we gotta go now" and they jet. About an hour later Emily and I are getting kicked out of the bar because they're closing (Catherine left earlier) and I can't find my fucking purse! Emily, Todd, a guy I met named "Jaws," and I looked for it all over the damn bar! I'm freaking out! My camera's in there, my money, my cards, my medication...everything! They do their best to calm me down, I give the bartender my number, and leave. So now I'm drunk off my ass, just got my purse stolen, and I'm walking the streets of Itaewon with "Jaws" trying to keep me from being killed. At some point, I fell in some bushes (woke up with leaves still in my hair) and then Emily made me eat some KFC. We said goodbye to Jaws and took a cab home.

I wake up on Sunday to a text message. Now this is where shit really goes downhill. My bank sends me text messages whenever my debit card is used. This text tells me my card has been used for 740,000 won, which as of right now is $592.32 American dollars. At that moment, I knew the bartender would NOT be calling me to tell me he found my purse. I called my boss and got the card reported as lost. Then I get another text message telling me this person tried to use the card again for 318,000 won or $254.51. Of course, the card was denied.

Right away I knew who had done it, and when I heard about where the money was spent, I knew I was right. The money was spent at an electronics market geared toward the U.S. military. Hmmm...now who was I talking to the night before in the military??? I am 99% positive that the 2 air force guys are behind this. Unfortunately, I can't really prove it, but I'm determined to do something. I went to the bank today and filled out a bunch of paperwork in hopes of getting my money back. I'll find out in 15-30 days. I can't even get any money out of my account right now because my alien registration card was stolen as well. So yeah, that kinda sucks.

So that was my weekend! Hope yours was great and no one stole your money :)
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. yuck, that sucks!!! i told cindy n rissy, they were gonna email u.

    ReplyDelete